Thursday, September 10, 2020

Monhegan Island, 2020

Hey, welcome to Monhegan Island...awesome little gem off the coast of New Harbor, Maine!  1 mile long, 3/4 miles across...Rocks, surf, little village, tiny harbor, and the highest elevation of seaside cliffs on the eastern coast of the United States.


You might recognize this lighthouse. It's been painted by sooooo many great artists...Winslow Homer, Edward Hopper, Jamie Wyeth, Rockwell Kent, Sears Gallagher, Rick Daskam, Frank Bruckman...


Here I am with my 2020 painting buddies, a year we won't forget!

 

It takes about an hour to get there by ferry.  I like the Hardy Boat Cruise line out of New Harbor.  Very friendly and accommodating folks!
  

 I found a nice low spot on the rocks to try and get the feel of the crashing surf closer to my eye level.  It was an overcast day, but still there was so much color, texture and movement.  I loved painting the sea!

Christmas Cove, 9x12 oil, $375 framed, shipping included

 


 

In the village there's a well known red house that of course, everyone wants to paint.

"Monhegan Red House", 9x12 oil on copper,

 $375 framed and shipped.

 

 

Lobster Cove, 9x12 oil, $375 framed and shipped.

 

 

Monhegan Lighthouse, 12x16, oil. $595


"Rocky Waters"

9x12 oil, $375 framed and shipped

 

 Thanks for visiting.  email me for payment arrangements.

No comments:

Post a Comment