Friday, January 3, 2020

Setting Art Goals


I like Goals.  I keep a journal listing goals, dreams and random thoughts.  There's categories in my journal page:  Art, Art Business, Health, Family, Home,  etc.

 I usually spend part of each Sunday night planning out the coming week, scheduling in my Painting Time and other activities related to improving as an artist. I pre-post things on FB, and do some non-painting chores.   Writing down my goals or tasks seem to get them set in motion, and clears my head.

Having an "Action Plan" helps fight off the continual feeling of  "I should be painting!" The categories help me stay balanced and feel less guilty, more realistic, more focused!

 
Here's a link to a website that had some really good info!

How to Take Charge of Your Creative Goals

No comments:

Post a Comment